The BOGE Rubber & Plastics Group, headquartered in Damme (Germany) is a top player among the leading worldwide automotive suppliers in the field of rubber-metal parts, chassis and powertrain suspension mounts and precision-manufactured plastic components. The group of companies employs about 4,200 people generating an annual turnover of approx. EUR 820 million (consolidated) at eleven locations. In the USA, our manufacturing plant is located in Hebron, KY with a sales office located in Novi, MI. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
In Hebron, KY-USA, we are looking for a passionate
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Determines production needs and manages material flows and inventory in the plant. Specifically, reviews customer releases to determine production needs, ensure materials are ordered to meet production requirements under lean principles, ensure Material Planners are utilizing customer forecasts for planning purposes, and reviews production schedules to meet changes in material supply requirements
- Directs movement of materials through plant under lean principles. Specifically, working with the team to coordinate acquisition of material, receipt and storage of materials and movement of raw materials and work in progress through plant.
- Responsible for warehouse operations including shipping, receiving, warehouse stocking, line stocking and 5s activities ensuring all materials are properly stored and inventory levels are properly maintained and inventory quantities are accurate.
- Determines production needs and manages material flows and inventory in the plant. Specifically, identifying shipping needs; researches, collects and negotiates agreements with shipping providers. Arranges for shipping companies to pick up goods as needed. Supports the development of containers and dunnage in conjunction with customer requirements, and manages returnable containers and dunnage supply chains to both customers and suppliers
- Manage the interface between supply base, Material Planners and Engineering Change to order and implement new revision changes on-time and with minimal obsolescence.
- Develop and implement overall logistics plan, in a manner that promotes low cost, high inventory turns and a safe, efficient material flow within the facilities.
- Coordinate with Production Manager/Department necessary work times and build schedules to optimize the production process
- Coordinate with Plant personnel plant wide inventories, as required.
- Develop a detailed goals plan for each year and report results in the monthly staff management review.
- Cascade the goal planning process to your direct reports and follow up in weekly team meetings.
- Learn, teach and lead by example utilizing continuous improvement techniques of the Toyota Production System.
- Supervise materials personnel and perform annual performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Develop with Account Manager a plan to minimize inventory of service components.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
- Interface with the customer on delivery schedules and transportation of product to customer.
- Manage customer delivery ratings and develop necessary action plans for improvement.
- Maintains and develops key metrics to drive continuous improvement, (ie: turns, customer ratings, etc.)
- Special projects and other related duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
- Authorized for Level III Signature Authority. Authority to sign according to ZF North America Signature Policy and as stated in the Group Directive 06/02.
- Responsible for ensuring that the department complies with IATF 16949/ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the logistics, shipping and receiving departments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems within the logistics, shipping and receiving departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Industrial Management, Operations Management, and or equivalent work experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- APICS certification or CPM helpful. - Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment working in the material and Logistics area, preferably a JIT environment.
- SAP Required.
- Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- International import/export experience helpful but not required.
- Requires strong interpersonal, facilitation, and organizational skills.