The BOGE Rubber & Plastics Group, headquartered in Damme (Germany) is a top player among the leading worldwide automotive suppliers in the field of rubber-metal parts, chassis and powertrain suspension mounts and precision-manufactured plastic components. The group of companies employs about 4,200 people generating an annual turnover of approx. EUR 820 million (consolidated) at eleven locations. In the USA, our manufacturing plant is located in Hebron, KY with a sales office located in Novi, MI. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
In Novi, MI-USA, we are looking for a passionate
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Identifies key customer interfaces in support of strategic business acquisition with special focus on key projects as defined and agreed between the Global Key Account Manager, Product Line, and Sales Manager.
- Promotes Boge to the customer. Considers customer direction; market demand; competitor direction; Boge competitive position (ie capabilities, price, quality, penetration, market perception) and corporate strategy while engaging the customer in new opportunities and/or resolving issues. Serves as the expert for the program specific elements of these items and effectively communicates information and opportunities within Boge.
- Develops customer platform and product roadmap strategy in support of the growth strategy at corporate headquarters, with assigned products.
- Establishes, develops, or maintains long-term relationships with prospective, new, and existing customers – servicing unmet customer needs while ensuring profitability, and identifying new business opportunities while adequately aligning them with internal capacities and/or marketing strategies to foster growth.
- For acquired businesses, lead a cross-functional team to ensure that time-sensitive project launch deliverables are met within budget, while facilitating sufficient internal communications between GKAM, R&D, program management, purchasing, controlling, quality and manufacturing engineering groups
- Functions as the Program Manager for all acquisition opportunities according to all associated group work instructions.
- Reviews customer contracts and associated documents to ensure that contractual commitments are adequately met – organizes customer meetings and reviews as needed, while taking the lead on all commercial issues
- Develops and negotiates program pricing and responds to internal, corporate, and customer pricing requests. Generally under the guidance and parameters set by senior sales personnel, Plant Managing Directors, and Product Line VP.
- Assists, as required, in resolving quality and production issues and commercial aspects of engineering change issues as they relate to the Customer.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration with 10+ years’ work experience.
- Working experience in Tier I Automotive Supplier Sales Office, or other equivalent.
- Working knowledge of relevant cost models.
- Proven customer-networking abilities
- Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving, presentations, and leadership.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and technical presentations.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international structure
- High freedom in task management and a comfortable work environment
- Training in the US and Germany
- Goal-oriented collaboration with a motivated team
Now it’s up to you:
Show us what you can do. Use your expertise and skills to make a significant contribution to our growth strategy.