The BOGE Rubber & Plastics Group is one of the world's leading companies in the field of rubber-metal and plastics technology. We develop and manufacture products for the automotive industry for vibration damping, suspension of chassis and drive train as well as lightweight plastic modules. With our pioneering spirit, our technological and material expertise, we have been a reliable partner for our customers since 1931. Our technologies are also used outside of the automotive industry, such as in the agricultural industry, railway industry or shipping. At our 11 locations worldwide in Brazil, China, Germany, France, Mexico, Slovakia and the USA, around 4,000 employees generate a consolidated annual turnover of around 671 million euros.
Under the general supervision of the Purchasing Manager coordinates all supplier quoting activities directly affecting product performance and compliance to design and customer requirements. This role plays an integral part in the growth, performance and development of the BOGE Rubber & Plastics USA, LLC.
- Analyze technical data, designs, preliminary specifications, manufacturing methods & limitations, supplier facilities and availability of parts and equipment.
- Perform market research and monitor changes/trends for purposes of benchmarking and cost controlling.
- Team with Corporate Quality to evaluate/develop suppliers through Rubber & Plastics Business Units procedures, audits, and plant visits.
- Prepare RFQs. (Requests for Quotation) in coordination with Sales & Engineering team and distributes to selected suppliers for part and tooling costs.
- Track costs and status of negotiation during RFQ phase.
- Recommend suppliers to the Purchasing, Sales and Engineering Team for approval and sourcing.
- Analyze supply base to prepare and recommend suppliers to be added/removed from the Global Potential/Approved supplier list as well as nominate suppliers for the Strategic Supplier Status.
- Lead and coordinate tooling purchase and develop schedule.
- Review and/or issue Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) with Sales, Design, Engineering and Purchasing Department.
- Responsible to act as liaison with Sales & Engineering, Purchasing, Program Management and Accounting Department at BOGE Rubber & Plastics USA, LLC.
- Analyze suppliers overall cost structure for products and services.
- Team with Supplier Development Engineers and supplier to coordinate projects for manufacturing process optimization in new and production components.
- Develop sound cost benchmarking for BOGE Rubber & Plastics USA, LLC production components to develop cost model & database.
- Responsible for qualifying potential suppliers to one of the acceptable quality system standards for BOGE Rubber & Plastics USA, LLC (IATF 16949).
- Travel, possibly to include extended visits to suppliers and/or customers both in the United States and/or foreign countries, as required.
- Support Engineering team with prototype purchase orders.
- Track and report supplier responsiveness on RFQs and other KPIs as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four year business or technical degree or equivalent education and experience is required.
- Basic knowledge/understanding of BOGE Rubber & Plastics USA, LLCs core processes (Die Casting, Stamping, Plastics) preferable.